The Zambrana Family


Monday, November 2, 2009

The Strawberry Patch


I think we planted our strawberries in April and were hoping
to have a nice Summer Treat once in a while, but so far we've
only gotten a few baskets. I hope they come in with a vengeance
in the Spring, but I'm not holding my breath. Our problem
could be the wild turkeys that have been hanging around. They've
eaten all the grapes and berries almost before they were even big
enough to see. We haven't seen them in the strawberries, but
that doesn't mean they weren't there. It took a while to plant
all of these plants (over 900). My sister Kellie and the neighbors
(Matthew, Juliana, and Susan Anderson) came to help along with
Grandma and Grandpa Sullivan, Aaron, myself, and all the kids.
Needless to say, our backs and knees were sore for a few days.

No comments: