The Zambrana Family


Monday, March 23, 2009

The Broken Window

Christyal Moved out of the area about a year ago. She comes and visits about once a month. She is a great friend and when we go out of town she often comes to help with the kids. About two weeks ago she came for a visit and the boys did this to her car window...We have a wire that goes from the telephone pole to our house (right over the driveway). Here's the scenerio: Ammon says, "Matt, do you think I can throw this rock over the wire?" Matt says, "Yeah." Ammon then throws the rock without thinking about where it will land... I was in the kitchen cleaning up and the boys came in and asked me if they could talk to me outside. They were obviously shaken and proceeded to tell me they didn't mean to do it. I told them that they would have to pay for the window and they needed to write a letter telling Sister Nauman they were sorry. They went to their room and I showed the window to Christyal. I must say that though I was upset about having to spend $300 to repair the window, I am very proud of them for telling the truth.
Here's the letter Matt Wrote to Christyal. Matt's birthday was coming a few days after this happened and we had to laugh about his note...after he wrote "I will give you", he had written "my birthday money" but decided to erase that part.

Here's the Letter Ammon Wrote. I think he really thought about what to say before writing it.





1 comment:

Gwen Hawkins said...

hahaha!! The notes are awesome!! Ammon saying its a mistake I'm sure we've all made sounds so much like Aaron. Very cute!