The Zambrana Family


Monday, March 23, 2009

Matthew Aaron Zambrana turns 10!!!

Okay, I can't believe Matt is 10 already. He is such a wonderful big brother. He is very helpful around the house and loves to surprise me by doing things in secret (like cleaning his room or picking flowers for me). The other day we went to the library and it was only a day or so after a storm so everything was wet. He climbed down into a ditch and I started to get upset because I told him not to get wet or muddy. Well, as I'm about to scold him, he comes up with a hand full of wild flowers and hands them to me...how couold I possibly be mad at that.?

My friend Dawn made a lovely cake. I kind of bought it...at the Relief Society Birthday dinner... our ward holds an auction where the sisters donate things and then we bid on them using funny money. The amount of money you have depends on the questionnaire you've filled out, ie. if you read your scriptures today you get $5, etc...Anyway, Matt was way excited to have such a great cake. The only present he got from us was an IPOD. It was used from Craigs List, but new to him. He was way excited about it. We went out to MiMi's Cafe with Grandma and Grandpa Sullivan for the occasion. After Dinner the Anderson Family and Matt's friend Grant from down the street came over for Cake and Ice Cream. Grant brought Matt a really nice card which told Matt what a great friend he is...it was really sweet. The Andersons gave Matt a new Wallet to keep his Birthday Money in.

1 comment:

The Zambrana Family said...

I just have to say that I am way tired of all the funny, silly, nerdy, crazy, etc...faces that Matt makes. I can't take a picture of him with a decent smile...was Aaron like that???