The Zambrana Family


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It is Great to have Good Friends! Aaron and I and the kids went to my friend Shandi's (Shandra) house on Saturday Night for Dinner. I told the kids that Shandi and I have known each other for more than twenty years. We've been friends since junior high school. We became better friends in college and have been in touch off and on since then. Having families to raise and diapers to change makes it hard to get together as often, but I will always cherish our friendship. Shandi has two beautiful girls...Sophia 3, and Gianna 1 on Christmas Eve. Aaron and Jesus seemed to get along great and we had a wonderful night. I should have taken pictures of the cupcakes she let the kids decorate but I didn't think of that until later. Aaron said that Jesus bbq'd the best steaks he'd had in a long time. Dinner was absolutely wonderful and the company was even better.
On the way home the kids were asking about how we knew each other and I of course told them and while reminiscing I thought of a time Shandi let her dad cut her hair....I'm sure Shandi remembers....we all thought she was crazy. It was one of those infomercial contraptions. I think it was called a Flowbee(not sure of spelling). It was like a vacuum that has extender hoses and you pick the length you want and then it sucks your hair in and cuts it the length of the hose. Probably wasn't so good for the hair but great for memories...Thanks for a great time Shandi and Jesus.


1 comment:

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I'm so glad you two have stayed in touch. Seeing that picture makes me miss the good 'ol days.